#1 (Link Al)
Join Date: 14-11-2008
Location Perm: ɔöпüм пσκтαƨıпɔαп ♪
| | Top ways to use movies for English learning
English movies are the most common resource being used by many English learners. Movies either in selected clips, or entirely are the highly practical way of learning English. No English learner will complain about the usage of a video clip or a movie as a part of an English course. Let us see how to learn English with the help of movies:
1. The first step is to select a film, which will be easy to understand. For instance, you can choose children films, where the level of English used will be easy to understand. Select a movie in such a way that you should be able to understand 80% and the remaining 20% can be guessed by you initially.
2. The movie selected should have soundtrack and try to watch the movie with the help of subtitle. At this stage, both your eyes and ears should work equally. You should try to understand the main idea and the theme of the movie. If you do not understand any particular part of the movie, stop it and rewind it and again listen.
3. The third step is to watch the movie again with subtitles, but here try to reduce the usage of eyes on the subtitle. Carefully listen to the dialogue and view the subtitles only when you are not able to understand. Slowly reduce the number of times you stop the movie and increase the amount of learning.
4. The next step is to watch the movie without subtitle. It might be difficult to understand the movie without subtitles, but this will be possible if you have effectively passed through the first three steps.
Try to spend some quality time in the first three steps, before going to the final step. If you follow these steps, you are sure to learn English effectively.
Some of the ways in which movies will be helpful in the English learning process are given below:
1. Different styles of spoken English can be learnt:
If you choose movies as a source of learning English, it will be useful for you to understand how the language is being spoken in different countries. For instance, if you would like to learn British English or Australian English or English of any other country, you can watch the popular movies produced in these regions from which you will be able to learn the pronunciations, expressions, idioms and many other aspects of regional English.
2. Audio-visual is an effective means of learning:
Rather than reading from books, it will be easy to grasp, when something is read through audio-visual media. This is the reason for many people getting the help of movies for learning English, rather than going for books and English learning courses.
3. Slices of culture can be understood:
By watching the English movies of different regions, you will not only be able to learn the slang of the language, but will also be able to understand the culture of that particular region.
So, learning English through movies is the best source of easy learning of the language.
ѕαɴα αιт olαɴ тeĸ нιѕѕ " ɴeғreт "...
υмяυм ∂ışıѕıη..!вυиυ вıł...